Friday, December 24, 2010

Skywatch Winter Solstice


As I'm sure most of you are aware, we had a total eclipse of the moon on the winter solstice. Here in the Midwest, I was able to capture the beginning of the eclipse through a hazy sky. But clouds rolled in and obscured the total eclipse.


But I put out an all points bulletin to my peeps on the west coast and in the southwest asking them to take pictures if they could. They wouldn't have to be be up as late either, due to the time change. Luckily, my friend Bill in New Mexico was able to get a clear shot during totality! Here is his photo:


To see more photos of the sky around the world visit here.

3 comments:

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Oh wow! That is beautiful. We had wispy cloud cover and I missed it completely.

Laura said...

Beautiful night skies! Brightest blessings to you and your beloveds!

Mike Litvin said...

Pictures to savor for a life time.
Happy Holidays to everyone.